Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Skylar!

On Saturday, we went to a friend's house to attend the One Year Birthday party for their little girl, Skylar. It's hard to believe that it's been a whole year since James and I attended Skylar's baby shower. Skylar was very interested in James and tried to get his attention by tapping him on the shoulder, but he was too busy inspecting the pool screen to notice. Boys!

The two kids eventually did get some play time together and there was a brief swapping of sippy cups, but it was really difficult to get James to "pose with the birthday girl." This shot was the best, non-blurry one I could get! We had a great time catching up with some old friends and their babies.
Weekend Highs and Lows:
Low- I got into a car accident on Friday afternoon. This guy made a left hand turn right in front of me, as I was driving down the road. I slammed on the brakes, but plowed right into the side of his car.
High- No one was hurt, seat belts worked, James was safely strapped into his carseat, the guy has good insurance.
Low- My car got towed and is waiting for repairs. And, a much-needed, much-anticipated date night got canceled. :(
High- Seeing friends at the birthday party on Saturday and watching James charm everyone. That boy sure can work a room!
Low-Waking up early to run run TEN long, slow, hot and humid miles on Sunday morning by myself.
High- Actually completing all ten miles and being finished!
Fav Music of the day- Nike Running Mix by Crystal Method


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you guys were okay after that accident! That is sooo scary with a little one in the car! It was great seeing you two at the park. I hope we can get together again soon! Thanks for the running info! :)

    ReplyDelete