Monday, March 30, 2009

Time Off

Due to federal budget cuts, I was forced (along with the other tutors at my school) to take 4 weeks of non-paid vacation because there was not enough money in the budget to keep paying us. Yeah.
So, with all this extra time on my hands lately, I've managed to get a few things done.
So far, I've-

-interviewed with the new principal at my old school, Rampello Downtown Partnership. She offered me my dream teaching position for next school year (3rd grade, Reading) and I graciously accepted. So, next year, it will be back to the full-time workforce for me!
-decided to run the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, DC next October. My training will begin again in about a month. I've already purchased my plane ticket and set up accommodations for the trip.
-cleaned out three cabinets in my kitchen to make room for counter top stuff.
-making plans to clean out the cabinet under the kitchen sink (not looking forward to that one!)
-had a yard sale and sold a couple of items on Craigslist.
-attended a wine tasting at the local ABC store and had a blast.
-countless number of trips to the gym/park/playground/aquarium.
-bought a Sony HD flat-panel 48-inch TV for my birthday. Then, I got to buy the new tv stand and the Tivo HD to go with it.
- had a weekend get-away at the Tradewinds Beach Resort with my hubby for my birthday.
- finalized plans for a weekend camping trip to Ginnie Springs in May.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head, but the last two weeks have flown by. I wonder what else I'll get done during the next two weeks??????
Here is James on Sunday at the park.
Taking off and being the little climber that he is!
Ah, my peoples, you have come for me!
All of that running and climbing sure does work up an appetite!
How could you not love that face?

3 comments:

  1. Great job making the best out of a tough situation! You have been a very busy girl!
    An October marathon...that sounds awesome! Wonder if I could run that far by then....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, that comment was from me :)!

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KALANI!
    Love, The Vaughns (aka the Thompsons and the the Meadows)!

    ReplyDelete