Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy Anniversary!


Today, Will and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary.
We celebrated by going out to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. We go there every year, not because we love their food so much, but because our wedding cake was their Banana Cream Pie cheesecake. So, we go there for dinner and for our "wedding cake." It's always fresh, very yummy and it brings back such romantic memories of when we started our lives together. Plus, we think it's pretty cool that we can have it every year for our anniversary (unless the restaurant chain goes out of business, but I don't think it's likely).
This is what was left of our "wedding cake" dessert. So yummy!

And, we don't go overboard for gifts during Christmas, but we do like to shower each other with gifts during birthdays and anniversaries. I think Oprah said it best- "Don't have big weddings. Have big anniversaries and celebrate the fact that you are still together!"


After leading me in the "wrong direction" and teasing me with my gift, Will presented me with a beautifully written card and my gift this morning. Traditionally, linen and silk are the gifts for the 4th anniversary. The modern trend is electronic devices. So, in keeping with the "theme", Will got me a TomTom GPS unit for my car. I got him his much-longed-for water fountain/feature for the back patio. (it has to be plugged in for the water pump to work, so it's electric, right?)


Anyway, the best part of our anniversary was remembering how much we love each other and sharing that love with our son. I love how he expects a kiss every time he sees us kissing. Will can't give me one kiss without James smacking his lips as if to say- "My turn! My turn!" Of course, he never goes without getting a kiss from Mommy and Daddy!

Our lives are so full right now. Yes, full of good stuff and then the bad, not-s0-fun stuff, too. But, that's life. You have to take the good with the bad. But, having a good partner makes all the difference in the world.

Happy Anniversary, Hon!

No comments:

Post a Comment