Sunday, December 28, 2008

Easy Sticky Buns

No, I'm not describing some contagious condition.
A friend asked for the recipe for this yummy breakfast food and I aim to please:
Ingredients:
1/2 cup chopped pecans
18 frozen white dinner rolls
3/4 large pkg. Butterscotch Pudding (not instant)
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions:
Spray bundt pan with non-stick spray.
Sprinkle pecans in bottom of pan.
Layer frozen rolls in pan.
Sprinkle pudding over rolls.
Sprinkle brown sugar over rolls.
Mix butter with cinnamon and pour over rolls.
Cover with linen cloth or dish towel.
Leave out overnight to rise.
Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes.
Invert over platter.
Enjoy!
By now, you've probably noticed the updated, blog-makeover I've designed. It wasn't exactly the look I was going for, but I gave up working on my photoshop program and this is what I came up with. Hope you like the new look!
On Christmas morning, I took several photos of James using no-flash photography. I love the natural look of the lighting, BUT every picture came out blurry. Unless the subject is COMPLETELY still, then everything is out of focus. Can some camera-savvy person tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Question: What's worse than having a sick kid?
Answer: Having a sick kid and a sick husband! James had a slight fever on Christmas Eve, so I took him the doctor (the LAST appointment of the day, whew!) He had fluid in his ears (working on a double ear infection) and the doctor heard wheezing in his chest. Actually, his "wheezing" had sounded much worse on earlier occasions and his normal pediatrician said that it wasn't wheezing,he was just fine. Hmmm. Anyway. She sent us home with an antibiotic and a nebulizer kit. Yay fun. It's been a few days later and James' nose is dried up, much less coughing, ears are fine and he hasn't slowed down one bit. Will, on the other hand, is still suffering from the bubonic plaque or Typhoid James, as he likes to call it.
I didn't get my long run in on Saturday because James kept me up at all hours of the night (what else, playing with his new toys!) and Will needed to sleep in and wasn't up for handling an active little person when he is feeling so bad. I did get 6 miles in, though, so at least that's something.
Sorry for the long, rambling post. It's just one of those days...
Hope you all have a great week and a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Hey lady! Love the Christmas pics. Especially the Santa Claus ones!

    If you want to shoot without a flash, you'll need to make sure there is lots of light available to replace what the flash would provide. Lamps, windows, etc. Directional is always best. Like from the side or at an angle. Try to avoid overhead. Okay, that is probably way more than you were asking for! Hope to see you two soon!!

    ReplyDelete