Thursday, March 25, 2010

Like Mother, Like Son

I've always loved being "out and about." I like the hustle and bustle of going here, doing this and that, going there. Then, finally coming home at the end of a long, productive day. It seems that James is following in my fast-lane-footsteps.
Exhibit A: Today's schedule of events....
7:00 am- Out the door and on our way to school/preschool
5:15 pm- I pick up James after a full day of teaching and then working on grad school papers.
5:16 pm- I ask James if he wants to go to the gym or go home and walk the dogs. Emphatically, he announces, "the gym!"
5:30 pm- We arrive at the gym. James runs all the way from the car, into the elevator, through the door and into the Kid's Club.
6:30 pm- I finish my workout and try to convince James to leave the Kid's Club. He is having too much fun playing and jumping and building forts. It takes me almost 15 minutes to convince him that we need to get home soon.
7:20 pm- Arrive home. Walk the dogs around the neighborhood. I'm still trying to convince James that it's time to head inside the house and eat dinner. He refuses and tries to make a run for the nearby park. He starts crying and asking to go to the water and/or the park. I have to pick him up and carry him football-style into the house, kicking and screaming all the way. He wants to stay outside longer. Go figure.
8:30 pm- James is finally bathed, fed dinner and in bed. Whew! This boy is wearing me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment