Sunday, March 16, 2008

Life as we know it....

is about to come to an end. Yes, James is pulling up on things and trying to climb now! After witnessing his attempts on various furniture items around the house, it was only a matter of time before he tried out his new climbing skills in his crib.

So, instead of laying down for his nap this afternoon, I walked in to check on him and this is what I saw...
I laid him back down in his crib and told him to go to sleep. This usually works quite well during naptime. A few minutes later, I checked on him and saw this.....
Once again, I laid him back down with his blankie and told him to go to sleep. Several minutes later, after hearing some suspicious giggles and squeals, I walked in to this sight....

Notice the little foot waving between the slats. Yeah, he had fun kicking it out from the slats. Now, I'm extra worried that I'll be dealing with a twisted or sprained leg/foot in the near future. Fortunately, he can plop down on his own without falling. But, with this new-found sense of accomplishment, napping is the LAST thing on his mind! I think I'm in for some long days ahead.....

No comments:

Post a Comment