Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Aloha Haymans!!!

Yep, that's right. The Hayman household is headed to Hawaii!!!!
We leave in one week, so let the countdown (and the packing) begin!
Will has to go there for work (solving world peace and all while in paradise) so James and I get to tag along. Bad news is that Will has to spend the majority of each day at work (literally, solving world peace!). Good news is that James and I have the best tour guides in the world to keep us busy during the day- my dear dad and his brothers/sisters/nieces/nephews/cousins/and so on and so on. Basically, family of mine from afar whom I've never met. Yes, this will be my FIRST trip to Hawaii. It won't be the relaxing, romantic vacation that I had imagined, but the memories of exploring the island where my dad grew up and meeting family over there will be PRICELESS! I will have James strapped to me in the Baby Bjorn, a diaper bag/pack bag on my back and a camera in hand. No, I won't look like a tourist at all!
The flight will pose quite a challenge, since I will be flying over with the baby and no hubby to help out. Will has to go a few days early. But, I have solicited tons of advice online from travelin' moms and flight attendants and I think I'm about as prepared as one can be who is making a 12 hour flight with a seven month old! Luckily, James isn't truly mobile yet. So, he is perfectly content to sit/stand in my lap and be entertained. We do have a layover in LAX for about 2 hours. It will be a welcome change of position from the airplane and the USO Club (for military travelers) is always hospitable and accommodating. Anyho, wish us luck! I will be posting LOTS of pictures, so stay in touch!

1 comment:

  1. That is fantastic! Have a great time and I cannot wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete