Sunday, November 25, 2007

First Thanksgiving

Here's my favorite, little (big) Thanksgiving turkey! We spent the day over at Tom and Veronica's (extended family) and James got his first large dose of football-watching. In honor of all the good food we were getting ready to dive into, I gave James sweet potatoes for his first vegetable. Of course, he loved them. And, being a new mom (clueless) I paired his yummy sweet potato dish with a side of prunes (his fav fruit.) Let's just say that the next morning, it was a 4-alarm diaper fiasco! Oh well, live and learn.


As the adults went around the table and said what we were thankful for, James was dutifully listening from his Jumparoo. We are so fortunate to have so much in our lives and so much love in it. I couldn't help but remember how it was this time last year that we were going around and announcing our pregnancy. My, what a difference a year makes! James has become the sole, center of our universe and I couldn't imagine my life without him (never said that before!) Amazing what a BIG difference such a little person can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment